Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Moving Day

Example

Well, I survived another election campaign. Providing security for a bunch of political-types can be exhausting work, especially when they're jetting across the country, and I have to trail behind the plane through the Canadian winter skies wearing only my red and yellow superhero tights! At least they're thermal. We're talking major shrinkage here, folks. But what can you do?

So, I'm sort of glad Paul Martin is out of office. It was his comments about Harpers' campaign being "deader than disco" that really got me upset. Hello Paul! Some of still listen to Abba and enjoy shag carpeting in our inner sanctums! What a creep.

Mind you, I'm not so sure that Stephen Harper is going to be a great bundle of joy, either. I hope he doesn't go annulling same-sex marriages, just when Captain K├ębec and I were about to tie the knot, thus ending decades of tension between French and English-speaking Canada.

I guess time will tell. I'd like to take about a month off, and head down to Florida for some R&R, but they've got me moving furniture over at 24 Sussex Dr.. Just imagine: me, a superhero, guardian of the peace, moving furniture all day because they're too cheap to hire an agency. Saves the work of ten men, indeed! I might just defect to Cuba.

13 Comments:

Blogger Will Powers said...

Well done

2:52 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Here's hoping a change in government makes Canada a better place!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Captain Canuck said...

Better place?! Is that some kind of jibe at the 'ol red and white leaf of glory? Dem could be fightin' words!

You had better take that back or I might have to come over there and apologize profusely.

But I guess the country could use a few more donut stores. Ok, please accept a life-time supply of Timbits
as a peace offering.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

You can never have enough donuts.

I'm sure that after a few years, there will be another alternation and the Canadian government will be under Liberal control.

Just don't fall into the two-party trap. Preserve your magical multi-party system! Do NOT allow majorities!

12:24 PM  
Blogger flatlander said...

I think that a change in administrations might possibly be a good thing right about now.

What I mean is, Fakiegrind should take control of the government.

But since we're busy fighting the Xister, our coup may have to wait. Also, we're secret agents; we know nothing about politics.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

I am fully convinced that the Canadian people would benefit from a Fakie govenment.

In fact, if Fakies controlled the U.N., there'd be no war. The world would be perfect. Corn would be acrid and loamy if that were to occur.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Vlubber nuggets.

Land lubbers.

Blubber grubbers.

Peg... eggerson?

No... better start over...

10:00 AM  
Blogger Phil said...


Ha-Ha!
Donut eaters.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



Would you like to join the Superhero Royal Rumble?


Chances are...you'd be killed easily by Superman.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

Superman doesn't know the meaning of hard work!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



Even Captain Canuck can't save the American Idol losers.

Muhahaha...


(To be Continued)...well probly not.

1:40 AM  
Blogger His Majesty said...

Never continue the uncontinuable!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo said...



Calling Dept. H...

Where have you been Captain?

The Gist Army, The Maskatron Army, and for God sakes The Kiss Army are invading!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home